When in Plano, your air conditioning unit is an investment you would not want to waste. This city has mild winters yet very hot summers, making an AC unit a household necessity you should not risk losing. Here are some helpful tips on how to find a reputable air conditioning repair company in Plano, TX.
Below are the common problems of air conditioner:
- Never settle for the cheapest price. Be warned that cheap contractors find it difficult to hire good and efficient technicians, who have it in their rights to demand for higher wages. Good technicians choose to work with a company that provides stable work, a competitive wage, plus benefits. Choose an AC repair company that has reasonable enough rates.
- Never rely on the yellow pages, unless you have no other choice. Relying on the yellow pages is a game of sheer luck. You never actually know what kind you’re going to get. If left with no choice, don’t choose a company that has double full-page ads. Bigger ads mean that the rates are most probably high, due to the higher overhead in posting such ads. It would be wiser to select a company having moderately sized ads.
- Never choose a company that does not have a track record. AC repair companies come and go. As a matter of fact, one out of five companies closes on a yearly basis. So as not to end up with a nullified labor warranty, choose a company that has been in the business for at least seven years. Beware of false advertising claims on the length of time the company has been running. To make sure any claim is true, do check with your local Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Never give in to any company that seems too good to be true. Symptoms of such fishy companies include telemarketing strategies that entice you with unbelievable deals. It would be better to select a company that offers realistic deals and realistic rates.
- Choose a company that is recommended or referred by close friends and neighbors. Nothing beats a company that has been tried and tested by people you know, and whose services have been proven very satisfactory. Don’t just rely on testimonials alone. Make sure that such testimonials are verifiable.
- Choose a company that has well-maintained service vehicles. When it comes to business, judging the book by its cover is quite justifiable. A contractor that drives a service vehicle that is poorly maintained and bears no company logo is not a very good sign. It reflects the type of service you will get. Plus, it might also be a sign of bankruptcy. In other words, they may not even be capable of providing you reliable warranty of their services.
- Choose a company that has a real, existent address. If a company’s website bears no physical address, then don’t waste your time entertaining it, as such companies may be fraudulent.
- Choose a company that has technicians certified by the North American Technician Excellence (NATE).
Finally, make sure that the company you choose is licensed. The license number should be shown on its website, as well as in its office.