When to schedule maintenance:
- If your system heats and cools your home:
Perform maintenance in the spring and fall.
Perform maintenance at least once a year, before the cooling season.
Perform maintenance at least once a year, before the heating season.
You should expect your service technician to:
- Inspect unit for proper refrigerant level and adjust if necessary
- Clean dirt, leaves and debris from inside cabinet
- Inspect base pan for restricted drain openings
- Inspect coil and cabinet
- Inspect fan motor and fan blades for wear and damage on older models lubricate as needed
- Inspect control box, associated controls/accessories, wiring and connections. Controls may include contactors, relays, circuit boards, capacitors, sump heat and other accessories. All control box and electrical parts should be checked for wear or damage.
- Inspect compressor and associated tubing for damage
- Inspect and clean blower assembly (includes blower housing, blower wheel and motor)
- On older models, lubricate motor and inspect and replace fan belt if needed
- Check combustion blower housing for lint and debris
- Inspect evaporator coil, drain pan and condensate drain lines.
- Inspect for gas leaks in gas furnaces
- Inspect burner assembly
- Inspect ignition system and safety controls
- Inspect heat exchanger or heating elements
- Inspect flue systemcheck for proper attachment to the furnace, any dislocated sections, and for signs of corrosion.
- Inspect control box, associated controls, wiring and connections
- Inspect Air Filters
- Inspect conditioned airflow system (ductwork)check for leaks
While your system is operating
- Monitor system starting characteristics and capabilities
- Listen for abnormal noise
- Search for source of unusual odors
- Monitor air conditioning and heat pump systems for correct refrigerant charge
- Measure outdoor dry bulb temperature
- Measure indoor dry and wet bulb temperature
- Measure high and low side system pressures
- Monitor gas furnace for correct line and manifold gas pressuremake adjustments as needed
- Measure temperature rise and adjust airflow as needed
- Check vent system for proper operation
- Monitor system for correct line and load volts/amps
- Monitor system operation per manufacturer’s specifications
- Provide system operation report and recommend repairs or replacement as necessary
Full Maintenance Inspection
$74.95 Reg $89.00
NOTE: DT Air Conditioning and Heating recommends all maintenance and service work be performed by a professional and certified air conditioning and heating technician that holds the appropriate credentials to install and service air conditioning and heating equipment.