To avoid bigger problems with your air conditioning unit, it is best to learn the common reasons why your air conditioner malfunctions along the way. There are some factors that when you happen to neglect, can cause you trouble and damage your cooling system.
Although your residential air conditioning system may have a regular maintenance program, it is still best if you yourself know and understand the possible problems. Because even with the little understanding, you can tell the contractor of the issues and discuss the appropriate solution to resolve the situation. In some cases, you can even do it yourself.
Below are the common problems of air conditioner:
- 1. Poor wiring. This is one of the common and the most dangerous problems you might have with your air conditioner. If your wiring is broken or installed wrong, your system may not get sufficient power a
nd your air conditioner will not work properly, if not get damaged completely. Worse than that, it can cause power shortage that might lead to a fire hazard.
- 2. Refrigerant leakage. The refrigerant is the cooling agent in your cooling system. It makes the air cool inside your air conditioner. If the refrigerant level is too low, it could be a sign of leakage or other problems. With low level refrigerant, your air conditioner will fail to make the air cool.
- 3. The outer fan stopped working. The fan outside your cooling system is responsible for keeping the heated air out of your house. If this fan stopped working, your compressor might overheat because of improper transfer of heat and may cause internal damage.
- 4. Frozen coil. This is sometimes caused by a filthy air screen or blocked air duct work. In some cases, a frozen coil can also be caused by a refrigerant leakage.
- 5. Electrical problems. If your air conditioner keeps on turning on and off, it simply suggests that there is an electrical problem. Poor wiring and corrosion can also cause electrical problems. This can easily damage your compressor and outer fan if not resolved immediately.
- 6. Clogged drainage. If the humidity is high outside, you should check if the drainage is not clogged and draining properly.
All problems that your air conditioner might get can be prevented if you follow a proper maintenance schedule. Even the common problems can be avoided if you have a professional and certified contractor that you can contact anytime to help you solve your air conditioner problems. With proper installation, high quality services and adequate maintenance, you could be saving thousands of dollars from constant repair and from health problems that poor HVAC systems may give such as respiratory diseases and mildew poisoning.
Problems occurs if your air conditioning unit is broken, not installed properly, and clogged with dirt. If you don’t get enough maintenance, your air conditioner will get a series of breakages and problems. DT Air Conditioning Contractor in Plano, TX provides expert air conditioning installation, maintenance, and repair anytime. Call us now and we’ll be at your doorstep at once!